July 26 Update: After reviewing the tentative agreement and attending recent information sessions, the OAGS and Section on General Surgery have jointly released a statement for its members: download document
Tentative Agreement Reached:
As of July 25... The OMA has CANCELED both the online membership referendum as well as the Special Council meeting originally scheduled for August 6 for ratification purposes. This was decision was determined by the OMA after having received a petition calling for a General Meeting of the Membership in order to vote on the tentative PSA on the whole instead. More details and a date for this General Meeting will be announced soon.
As of July 11... The OMA and the MOHLTC derived an unexpected tentative agreement. The highlights are as follows:
- The OMA will once again be formally recognized as co-manager of health-care system resources and the Physician Services Budget (PSB).
- The OMA and Ministry have agreed to set a predictable and sustainable annual PSB and to co-manage expenditures within that PSB over 4 years.
- Modernization of the Schedule of Benefits is promised.
- OMA Council will ratify agreement on August 6.
- While this tentative Agreement does not contain binding arbitration, the OMA Charter challenge against the gov't will continue at this time.
- Specific details can be found on the OMA website: www.oma.org (gated)
- Members are urged to attend the OMA PSA roadshow near you, ask questions and get informed.
- Check out Twitter Feeds: OAGS1 , #IVoteYes , #IVoteNo , OMA , Concerned Ontario Doctors , Your Ontario Doctors
- OMA PSA Fact Sheet (gated)
- OMA FAQ Sheet (gated) - New July22
Click here for current June Poll results.
Click here for previous May Poll results.
Click here for previous April Poll results.
Click here for previous March Poll results.
Click here for recent February Poll results.
Click here for recent January Poll results.
Suggest a topic for future polls.
The OAGS website complies with provisions of the Ontario Human Rights Code 1990 in its editorial and advertising policies, and assumes no responsibility or endorses any claims or representation offered or expressed by advertisers. The OAGS urges readers to investigate thoroughly any opportunities advertised.